QR Code jasoncrawford.infoCrawford Crest




My Blog!


Saturday, August 20, 2011

What happened to Customer Service?

What has happened to the customer service that use to exist in the service industry? It seems that ever since jobs have become scarce and unemployment is up that people just do not care how they treat customers.


I went through the McDonald's drive-thru this last week and noted the long lines. Our local McDonald's has two drive-through order speakers. As I was in line, I noticed them jumping out of order and taking multiple cars as I waited. Finally, without saying sorry for the wait they took my order. When I get around to the window, they told me the amount and I paid. There was no "thank you" or even a "pull forward for your order." When I finally get to the window to pick up my food, they hand it to me while talking with another employee. What, no thank you and come back again?


The Dollar Tree had the same type of customer service. I got in line behind a man who was paying for cards (thank you, get-well, birthday) and she rang up a total of 8 cards. He stated he only wanted 5 cards, so she had to get the manager, who by the way, was getting a phone number for 2 local high-school girls. She never looked at me or the 3 people behind me. When both came back, she finished giving the number to the 2 girls from high-school .I found out it was for their school yearbook. She looked at the gentleman and asked what the problem was. He finally said I will take all 8 cards. Why did he not do this in the first place? The manager then walked off to get a cash register and within a minute came back and put it in the other register. By this time the man had finally finished paying and the manager told the woman to take the other register. At last, the manager was going to check me out. Instead of saying sorry, she looked at me and cracked some joke about being busy for the 5 o'clock rush. I did not find it amusing.


The point of my rant in this blog is that with the economy so tight, I want to know why companies are not pushing their employees to care about the customer. I truly dread going anywhere to shop because of the lack of concern the employees show. I would like to know if this reason is that employees are mad because they cannot get those high paying jobs. Are they truly emotionally uncaring? Do they think it is only temporary and they will be hired on soon for a desk job with no customer contact? No matter what the reason is, employers should convey that the customers come first. This age old tradition seems to be quickly dissipating into nothing but a memory. What happened to the customer is always tight mentality?


Please, treat people with respect. Act like you appreciate their business and the opportunity they give you to be employed by utilizing your services or purchasing from your company. Remember, how you treat someone should be the way you want to be treated.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


© 2011 JASONCRAWFORD.INFO
Site Hosted by Go Daddy. All Rights Reserved

Connect with me at My Blog  Linkedin  Facebook  Twitter

Web Design By Jason Crawford Valid CSS!