QR Code jasoncrawford.infoCrawford Crest




My Blog!


Friday, August 19, 2011

Robertson County Tax Increase Pending

The economy is spiraling downward, unemployment is up, the President is on vacation and Robertson County wants to raise taxes. What is this world coming to?


From what I understand, Robertson County was proposing about a 40 cent tax increase raising current property taxes from $2.61 to $3.01 per $100 of assessed value. Wrong time to do this! With unemployment up, businesses laying off, consumable product prices rising, we do not need more taxes. I am sorry that the County needs to give charitable contributions, spend more on schools that are inadequate and keep jobs in the county, but raising taxes is the wrong thing to do.


Our school system in Springfield is horrible, that is why my wife and I sacrifice to pay for private school. Yeah we have little money left, but at least we know the type of education the kids are getting is far superior to Springfield public schools. Now do not take me wrong, I went to Springfield public schools all my life. I think they have seriously eroded in the education they provide. We do not need to spend anymore money on the schools, possibly even cut some of the funding since they are still faltering. We also do not need to provide anything to the new college (Highland Crest) at this time. The college was a mistake in the current economy. They need to be self sufficient and not require any money from the county until the economy rebounds.


I say this because I am sick and tired of my pay staying the same and everyone wanting more money for products and taxes. Enough already! I hope the people of Robertson County fight any tax increase. I live at home and have a budget. If things I want get to pricey I cannot just go to my employer and vote myself a raise. I demand the County make every cut necessary to keep from any raises in taxes. I am sorry, but tough times call for tough decisions. So what if we do not get a new school bus or computer. Live with it, I do!!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


© 2011 JASONCRAWFORD.INFO
Site Hosted by Go Daddy. All Rights Reserved

Connect with me at My Blog  Linkedin  Facebook  Twitter

Web Design By Jason Crawford Valid CSS!